Origine du Groupe : V.A South India
Style : World Music
Sortie : 2004
From the land of a thousand Gods and Goddesses
from the land of ragas and talas....
ancient mystical music,
to jump start the spirit, to hot wire the soul
1. Varnum, Raga Intha. A varnum is an opening piece in praise of the half human half elephant god Ganesh, asking him to remove all obstacles. perfromed by Mandolin virtuoso, U. Srinivas,
2. Thyagaraja Kriti Kalavati. A piece composed by the 17th century Saint Thyagaraja. Preformed by the brother / sister duo of Krshnan and Vijaylaksmi Lagudi.
3. Jaya Jaya, Pradmabha Nabha. Performed by one of the great vocalists, Sanjay Subramanium.
1. Vapati, Hamsa Shvani (Song of the Swan). Perfromed by the elder statesman of flute, Dr. Ramani.
2. Saraswati Namosthuthe, composed by G.N. Balasubramanium. A song in praise of the Goddess Saraswati (goddess of learning and music). Nadadesswaram is a large oboe like instrument used in wedding celebrations.
*Recorded in 2004 by Dr. Temiz
by nicholab from http://ghostcapital.blogspot.com permalink
01 Varnum, Raga Intha
02 Thyagaraja, Kriti Kalavati
03 Jaya Jaya, Padmabda Nabha
04 Vapati, Hama Dhvani (Song of the Swan)
05 Saraswati Namosthuthe