Collecting the best of Ian Brown's solo tunes together is more than a treat for his fans. It's evidence of how far King Monkey has come in the eight years since he launched his solo career.
Brown has matured his sound, grown into his beats and found a niche that constantly pushes him further away from the Roses. He's cast off the shadow of his former band and become a star all over again.
Credit must be given to his collaborators - UNKLE and Noel Gallagher to name just two but Brown is more than capable of producing excellent tracks on his own. "F.E.A.R." stands out as the best. Potent strings emphasize a fantastic lyric, and everything's underpinned by simple driving beats. If ever there was an argument not to resurrect the Roses, this is it.
We should give thanks that Ian has resisted pressure to join John, Mani and Reni for a cash-in reunion. There's plenty more to come from The Greatest.
by Jack Smith
Origine du Groupe : U.K
Style : Alternative Fusion
Sortie : 2005
01. My Star (Brown/Ibrahim)
02. Corpses In Their Mouths (Brown/Ibrahim)
03. Can't See Me (Bacon & Quarmby Remix)
04. Be There (UNKLE Ft Ian Brown)
05. Love Like A Fountain (Single Version)
06. Dolphins Were Monkeys (Single Version)
07. Golden Gaze (Single Version)
10. Forever And A Day (Greatest Version)
11. Keep What Ya Got
12. Time Is My Everything
13. Longsight M13
14. REIGN (UNKLE Ft Ian Brown)
15. Lovebug (Greatest Version)
16. All Ablaze
17. Return Of The Fisherman
commenter cet article …