Again from my large tape archive: A selection of tunes played on the radio in Berlin in 1988. The independent radiostation “Radio 100″ had a weekly show called “Dubstreet”. I recorded it sometimes (to an audiotape, of course). It starts with some heavy Ska tunes, followed by Rocksteady and Rootsreggae (remember: Peter Tosh was killed only a few months ago, Ska had his second revival). And it´s finished with some really fresh Dancehall. So everything, that was hot at this time was presented in this realy good show. Fortunally you got the music, unfortunally there are no comments of the radio DJs.
So here´s the playlist:
- -?-: The Lord is with me
- Jackie Opel: Wood inna di fire
- Warren Allan: Babylon (Studio 1, 1964)
- -?-: -?-
- Decan Johnson: The woodman (Lee Pery)
- Spanish Town Ska Beats: Stop that train (Blue Beat, Prince Buster, 1965)
- -?-: In the backyard
- the Maytals: Hallelujah
- Derrick Morgan: Forward march!
- Derrick Morgan: The Hop
- Burning Spear: Repatriation (1983)
- Bunny Wailer: Get up, stand up (1977)
- Peter Tosh: Apartheid (1987)
- DubStreet jingle
- White Mice: Cocaine (True love, 1988)
- Courtney Melody: Bad Boy
- ?: Haffi fly out
Selektion by Switch Docta. Original recorded as an audiotape August 1988. Digital rework made at Electric Lion´s Den. Berlin-Kreuzberg. Germany. November 2007.